OMCS CLASS is fully authorized to perform inspections and issue statutory certifications under the following international regulations:
1. Cargo Ship Safety Construction Certificate (CCC).
2. Cargo Ship Safety Equipment Certificate (CEC).
3. Cargo Ship Safety Radio Certificate (CRC).
4. International Load Line Certificate (LL).
5. International Tonnage Certificate (ITC 69).
6. International Oil Pollution Prevention Certificate (IOPP).
7. International Air Pollution Prevention Certificate (IAPP).
8. International Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate (ISPP).
9. ISM Code (Document of Compliance-DOC & Safety Management Certificate-SMC).
10. ISPS Code (International Ship Security Certificate-ISSC).
11. Crew Accommodation Inspection Certificate (OMCA).
12. Fishing Vessel Safety Certificate (FISVEL).
13. Safety Certificate for Vessels under 500 GT (SAFCE).
14. Radio Certificate for Vessels under 300 GT (SARCE).
15. Authorization for Grain Loading Certificate (GRALO).
16. Passenger Vessel Safety Certificate (PASAC).
17. Pleasure Vessel Safety Certificate (PLECE).
18. International Pollution Prevention Certificate for the Carriage of Noxious Liquid Substances in Bulk (NLS).
19. International Certificate of Fitness for Carriage of Dangerous Chemicals in Bulk (IBC).
20. Certificate of Fitness for Carriage of Dangerous Chemicals in Bulk (BCH).
21. International Certificate of Fitness for Carriage of Liquefied Gases in Bulk (IGC).
22. Certificate of Fitness for Carriage of Liquefied Gases in Bulk (GC).
23. Anti-fouling Certificate (AFS).
24. Special Purpose Ship Safety Certification (SPS).
25. High Speed Craft Safety Certification (HSC).
26. International Marine Bulk Cargoes Certificate (IMSBC).
27. Certificate of the Carriage of Dangerous Goods (CDG).
28. Caribbean Cargo Ship Safety Certificate (CCSSC).
29. Maritime Labor Certificate (MLC 2006).
30. International Energy Efficiency Certificate (IEEC).
31. Hull & Machinery Class Certificate.
32. Doc. of compliance with the special requirements for ships carrying dangerous goods (DOC-IMDG).
33. Enhanced survey program (ESP).
34. Certificate of prevention of pollution by garbage from ships.
35. Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC) II.
36. Manual, Booklets & Plan Approvals, etc.
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) has been instrumental in establishing global standards for the construction, operation, and maintenance of vessels.
These conventions, resolutions, and guidelines have three goals: prevent accidents, mitigate damage, and define liability and compensation. In addition, each maritime administration has regulations particular to their Flag State.
OMCS CLASS acts as a Recognized Organization (RO) and a Recognized Security Organization (RSO) for numerous Flag Administrations, in order to survey and issue statutory certificates to vessels registered with them.
Statutory Certification has a lifetime perspective for each vessel, from initial certification in connection with delivery, through annual, intermediate and renewal surveys during the operational life of the vessel. OMCS CLASS accomplishes this through our global network of exclusive surveyors strategically located on all major ports and by verifying the vessel’s compliance with international and national statutory regulations through the necessary technical reviews, audits and surveys for statutory certification.
The degree of authorization from the individual administration varies from full authorization, where OMCS CLASS is delegated the total certification process, to cases where the Maritime Administration is handling part of the process, such as the issuance of full term certificates.
OMCS CLASS is not only intimately familiar with these international and national regulations, but we are proactive in monitoring revisions and changes. If there is a modification that may affect your vessel’s status, you can be sure that we have updated our procedures to account for it. We believe that keeping you informed allows you to make sound operational decisions.
OMCS CLASS is your best choice by providing a full range of services for ship classification, statutory certification, and regulatory compliance. These risk-management services are complemented by expert advisory and consultancy capabilities.
The International Safety Management (ISM) Code & International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
Our professional and experienced auditors are situated close to your premises and are available in all ports worldwide. We focus on safety and practical compliance.
International regulations require vessels to have in place a safety management system and a security plan that has been reviewed and approved by a Recognized Security Organization (RSO). Flag Administrations have fully approved OMCS CLASS to conduct the following ship safety and security audits:
- International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC).
- Ship Security Plan Approvals (SSP)
- Safety Management Certificate (SMC).
- Document of Compliance (DOC)
OMCS CLASS could perform combined ISM & ISPS certification audits in order to save you time and money.
Maritime Labour Convention (MLC)
The International Labour Organization adopted the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 with the objective to certify the working and living condition of all ships over 500 GT in international trade.
The Flag State will remain fully responsible implementing and enforcing the Convention through national measures, but may delegate inspection and certification to recognized organizations (RO). The MLC certification process will be similar to ISM and ISPS for ships, and the certificate will have 5 years validity and the process will include interim, initial and intermediate inspections.
OMCS CLASS will inspect and provide the required Maritime Labour Certificate (MLC) for your ships.
Subscribe to our mailing list
OMCS CLASS - Overseas Marine Certification Services © 2020. All Rights Reserved.